Kimberly Elise Trammel a well known American film and television actress made her debut film Set It Off in 1996 and continued to gain followers with her outstanding performances in many films including Beloved, John Q, The Manchurian Candidate, Diary of a Mad Black Woman, The Great Debaters, For Colored Girls, Dope, Almost Christmas, Death Wish, and Woman Thou Art Loosed. Elise also played many leading roles in numerous television movies and also starred in the CBS crime drama series, Close to Home, and Hit the Floor.
Kimber Elise Trammel Family
Born on April 17, 1967, to Marvin Trammel and Erma Trammel in Minneapolis, USA, Kimber Elise has three siblings. Elise married Maurice Oldham and the marriage lasted from 1989 to 2005. Elise and Oldham had two daughters who were born in 1990 and 1998. After their divorce, Oldham breathed his last in 2007 as he was suffering from a massive blood clot.
There is no information regarding her relationship as her private life is kept private and she usually doesn’t like revealing her personal details even during the interview. Though she doesn’t want her personal life to affect her daughters, she is often surrounded by many rumors and this might be the reason we don’t hear anything much about her private life.
Kimberly Elise Education Background And Career Development
Kimber Elise first wrote and performed her first play in her fourth grade. she holds a bachelor’s degree from the University of Minnesota in communication. She also studied filmmaking at Minneapolis Community College. In addition, she also attended the American Film Institute for the director program.
Apart from these, with her own interests, she also took part in stage Appearances and these are:
- Free to Be You and Me, Enlightenments, A Raisin in the Sun
- Free to Be You and Me, c. 1981.
- New Line Home Video, 2002.
- The Joy of Mama’s Recall (short film), c. 1993.
- Adaptor, Free to Be You and Me, c. 1981.
Kimberly Elise Net Worth
Kimberly Elise is estimated as having a net worth of $2 million. Elisa being a part of many hit films that made a box office rampage, helped her in having an impressive net worth.
Kimberly Elise Awards And Nominations
With great acting skills comes the fame and awards and making this statement true Kimberly Elise has been nominated and won various prestigious awards, which include:
- Black Reel Awards for The Ditchdigger’s Daughters.
- Chicago Film Critics Association Awards for Beloved.
- Golden Satellite Awards for Beloved.
- Black Reel Awards for Bojangles.
- Black Reel Awards for Woman Thou Art Loosed.
- Black Reel Awards for Diary of a Mad Black Woman.
- NAACP Image Awards for Diary of a Mad Black Woman.
- NAACP Image Awards for Close to Home.
- NAACP Image Awards for Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story.
- African-American Film Critics Association For Colored Girls.
- NAACP Image Awards for Colored Girls.
- Black Reel Awards For Colored Girls.
Not just these awards and nominations she earned many people’s love, appreciation, admiration, and fans for her amazing acting skills.
Quick Facts About Kimber Elise
Date of Birth: 1967, April-17
Age: 52 years old
Birth Nation: United States of America
Height: 5 Feet 7 Inch
Marital Status: Divorce
Kids: Two kids, Ajableu Arial Oldham, and Butterfly Rose Oldham.